Friday, August 5, 2011

quick spruce up!

I've been searching for a new desk and then I realized I really don't have the extra money for a new one (boo hiss!)  So I went off in search of a project...meet Ethan.  My old desk from when I was a kid that was still (amazingly) in my parents garage.




Ethan.


 I really wanted to refinish the entire thing, but I was feeling antsy...I have that problem quite a bit! So I settled on refinishing the hardware.  Enter, spray paint.  Ah, my love of spray paint!  I used Peacock House, Mediterranean, Baby Blue, Pewter Grey and Aged Copper.  All lovely colors alone, but even better when layered together.  I also used a dry paint brush to add some textured to make them look aged.  I really like that each piece of hardware is different as each one was spray painted in a different way.  Just gives it a nice touch :)  Enjoy!

The final product:
Ethan 2.0 in all his glory!


Hardware close up




Hardware close up # 2
Thanks for stopping by!  Get out and enjoy that sunshine....while spray painting some needs-to-be-updated-hardware ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment