|Fresh out of the oven!|
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
DirectionsThe night ended a little something like this...
- Heat oven to 350° F. Toast the hazelnuts for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Butter your bread loaf pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the butter, milk, eggs, orange zest, and vanilla; add to the flour mixture and mix until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the hazelnuts and cranberries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes (tent with foil if the top browns too quickly). ***My bread was done around 47 minutes***
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
|deliciousness on a plate ;)|
|Couch date while I blog ;)|
|Christmas decorations are up and fresh baked bread...top notch night :)|
Baking is my crutch to procrastination....a final paper has my name on it, but the house needed some holiday cheer. Time to sign off and get writing.