Saturday, June 11, 2011

why s'mores?

So yesterday was more about the soon to be pending project because I was just so excited to share! Today, I'll share a little secret with you.

L and I have a secret language...seriously.   We use it in times of need (I'm pretty sure people close to us have figured out a majority of our "secret" language, but we use it anyway).  We have a code word for "I forgot this person's name and I need you to help me out by introducing yourself first please" which comes in handy big time!  Most importantly, I'll share what s'mores means, only because it's what generated the idea for this blog. 

S'mores means love. C'est l'amour, amore, amor!  I'm sure you can guess how we stumbled upon this one--L+M= LOVE chocolate, and anything that goes with it!  So naturally it became the word of choice for love...although L's dad was convinced it meant sex, we had to tell him sadly no, the word for that was pizza (just kidding!!)

So the idea behind the title of the blog is love: a way of life.  Love your interests, embracing a passion, sharing love with your friends and family, even that special somebody.  It is more or less, a sometimes silly, sometimes on a whim, and even sometimes a difficult journey, but it is always filled with love.
fam bam circa early 90s...check out those outfits!  
  Hopefully, I'll be able to share projects I've worked on, houses I've helped rehab (ok, let's be serious, I come in when it is time to paint, but shhh!), recipes we've tried in the kitchen, or even trips...love me some road trips! Not exactly sure what this blog will morph into, but I can't wait to find out.

lots of s'mores,

No comments:

Post a Comment