Friday, June 10, 2011

Bid, Accepted!

Don't you just want to curl up and snuggle with a blanket when it's rainy and grey outside?  Normally, I am all for that sort of a day...productivity just goes out the window.  Today, was just not that kind of drizzly day, productivity was in full swing.  Sidenote, I love the Google logo today - the guitar makes music when you run your mouse over the strings! So fun!


It was wheelin' and dealin' day for L (super special someone), and I just happened to be his trustworthy side-kick tagging along.  We ended up finding out that a bid L had submitted on a property was accepted--it also happened to be the property we were brewing up ideas for this morning!  This sent me into overdrive, how can this place be updated and flow beautifully throughout the house?  I immediately went to my magazine stash when I got home, bless that little (okay, large!) stash.  I was able to find a few solid ideas after rooting around a bit!
The master bedroom upstairs has a layout/ceiling similar to this and I really would like to lighten up the color as it is currently brick red and white.  This clipping is from 100 Decorating Ideas Big Style for Small Rooms.  This color scheme just gives off a light, airy and relaxing vibe. yes please!  I love that they suggested to paint the floor white to reflect more light (I've been dying to actually paint a floor!) Fingers crossed!


The current kitchen needs a little bit of lovin'.   It is very similar to this lay out but has open shelving on top, cabinets on the bottom and the paint color is blue.  We are talking blue walls and countertops...which are actually brand new, so it would be amazing if we could save the countertops, but blue?  I just feel iffy about that...any ideas?  I  really love the glass cabinet doors!  The space definitely needs more storage, maybe cabinets with glass doors is this answer...we shall see.

Two rooms semi solved, for now, but tomorrow is always a new day...and a new mood.  Maybe I'll change my mind and decide I actually do like the brick red color upstairs...just maybe!

in the words of my pops,
cheerio, wheaties and liver snaps!
til the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment